Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year's Day Ski

I took the opportunity to get in a quick ski on New Year's Day 2011, up the Blue & Bear Lakes road.  The conditions were pretty bad, I had to take my skis off and walk several times because of bare spots.  I think they must still be plowing this road.  There were a couple of snowmobiles that had already gone up the road right before I got there.  This year Cuchara has only gotten about one-fourth the amount of snow that it had gotten by this time last year.  However, that's working in our favor, since we're in a building project this year!  Hopefully next year they'll make up for it.  The mountaintop you see in the distance is the West Spanish Peak.  I'm going to climb that next summer!  (Who's coming with me?)


A Christmas tree at the Cuchara Mountain Resort.  We stopped so I could get out and take this picture, and I managed to lose one of my Pearl Izumi Windstopper mittens on the road.  I went back and found it, though.  Ha!
Don and me at the Dog Bar, New Year's Day.  This place is the only food establishment in Cuchara, and it was PACKED on New Year's Eve.  Pretty empty when we were there, though, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment